Monday, August 1, 2011

This looks like a good place to chill .



Get it?  Chill.  He's in the fridge!  See folks, this is what Sally Sunrise has to offer.  With this brilliant combination of Ben's sweet yet mischievous face and my charming, hilarious wit, how could this NOT be your new favorite blog?  You're welcome.  ;)

In keeping with the post title, I guess I should talk about chilling.  I've been doing a little too much of it lately, I must admit.  Well, not in the literal sense, considering it's been a hundred degrees here in the Midwest for the last month.  Oh what I wouldn't give for a literal chill!  I can feel it now, if I close my eyes...

... the cool breeze blowing through my hair- my hair that I can actually wear down, flowing free and not even sticking to the back of my neck.  The smell of my morning Pumpkin Spice latte still lingering, intertwining with the aroma of the beef and onions I'm browning; a big batch of Nana's Chili simmering in the crockpot.  I can hear the sweet sound of a college marching band, and the announcers talking about running backs, bar-b-que, and Coaches for a Cure.  I can feel the fuzzy warm hug of my favorite navy blue hoodie, and the comfort of a worn out pair of jeans.  Ohh, the hoodies and jeans...  

I'm sorry, where was I?  Oh yes, chilling.  NOT in the literal sense.

We leave for our Vegas trip on Wednesday night, which has led me to realize that I have done nothing around the house lately!  Ok not nothing, but it is certainly not up to "welcome home from vacation" standards.  Clearly, I've spent too much time chillin with Ben in front of the boob-tube, and not enough doing laundry.  Laundry is the WORST!  I think everyone has that one chore that they just can't stand to do, and laundry is definitely mine.  Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I do all my folding and organizing on our bed, but I can't seem to get through one load without feeling ready for a nap!  The first luxury I'm signing up for when we're rich will most definitely be laundry service.

One of our favorite ways to chill (i.e. avoid doing laundry) this summer has been to spend time at the library!  We've tried several different ones in the area, but Indian Creek seems to have the most fun kids' corner.  Ben loves to show off his puzzle skills to younger toddlers, and knock down the carefully structured block towers of the not-so-impressed older kids.  (oops!)  He is currently obsessed with "things that go," so we are not allowed to check out any books that don't include cars, trucks, trains, planes, or boats.  Here he is reading one of his current favorites to his friend, Kitty:



Another of our favorite indoor stops this summer has been Monkey Bizness.  For those who don't know, Monkey Bizness is an inflatable play place similar to Pump It Up, BounceU, Jumping Jax, Leaping Lizards, or whatever one you have in your area.  Wes and I used to work for Pump It Up in Tulsa, so it's been kind of neat to watch our own kid enjoy it.  For all those who worked with us, you know what a big deal this is... (and if you don't know, let me tell you, it's a BIG deal!)...  My little baby boy can now do the 20ft slide all by himself!  ::sniffle::



Well, all this talk about chillin has really worn me out!  Ben and I might just have to relax the rest of the evening.  We'll order in and watch a movie or something.  What??  No?  Uggghhhh.... Ok, OK.  I'll go do the laundry.  But only because it must be done, so that in three days my hubby and I can enjoy a nice, refreshing, four day chill in Vegas!  Also not literal.  It's hot in Vegas, too.  Hmm... maybe we didn't think this through.  ;)

2 comments:

  1. I hate laundry tooo.... it is the worst of alll chores. And I say chill away in a few years, you can hire Ben to do the cleaning... I mean that is why ppl hae kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And unknown is your souly! haha

    ReplyDelete